Work with us
Senior Human Factors Scientists/Applied Psychologists
What we do
Trimetis is a Bristol-based research and consultancy business. We offer Human Factors and applied psychology expertise and are proud to be a supplier of high quality research into the MOD and other agencies and organisations.
We specialise in improving the work and decisions of people in complex environments, whether that’s a military headquarters, a police operations room or a town in a war zone. We bring our expertise in cognitive psychology and methods from Human Factors and cognitive systems engineering to challenging or wicked problems.
Our analysis helps our customers understand the way people plan, coordinate and make sense of the world and the technology they use. Our solutions improve the cognitive performance of individuals and teams as part of optimising the whole sociotechnical system, and can include: user centred technology design; training interventions; doctrine and guidance; organisational redesign; behaviour change and more. Our research keeps us at the cutting edge of Human Factors and applied psychology and enables us to apply our expertise across sectors and technical areas.
What are the roles?
We are recruiting Senior and Principal Human Factors Scientists &/or Psychologists to join our team based in our Bristol office.
As a Human Factors Scientist / Psychologist you will be able to work well independently and as part of a team to provide expertise to our customers, including:
- Human Factors requirements capture and specification
- Task Analysis & Cognitive Work Analysis
- Human aspects of Cyber Security
- Knowledge elicitation
- User centred design of prototype human-machine interfaces
- Workload analysis
- Experiment design, especially in field-based experiments, and the measurement and analysis of research results
- Research into a wide range of subjects including: Human centred design, human-autonomy teaming, behavioural sciences, training & education, data visualisation and others.
You will ideally have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Psychology, Human Factors or Ergonomics, or related subject; preferably an MSc.;
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience of applying Human Factors techniques, tools and methods to complex systems;
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience of applying your knowledge of psychology to understanding human cognitive performance;
- The ability to communicate well verbally and to write clear technical reports for both research and consultancy projects;
- A track record in writing successful bids, preferably for research projects;
- Experience of working in team environments in a defence and/or security setting;
- Registered Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF) or British Psychological Society (BPS).
Why work with us?
At Trimetis, we enjoy being a small company: We value mentoring and visibility of the whole process from bid to delivery; we seek work that we find interesting and stimulating and we all have the ability to influence this; we offer flexible working in terms of hours and the ability to mix working from home with being co-located with the team in the office; and we pride ourselves on having a fun and supportive working environment. We have a bonus scheme for all employees, and salary will be dependent on experience.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for our role, please submit a CV and covering letter to Hannah Blackford at email@example.com or call on +44 (0)7967 593 380 for an informal chat or more information before applying.